2014-10-31

I’m Just A Retired Navy HM

But even I took a vow to protect my patients, which was pretty much everybody. This Nurse, Kaci Hickox, fighting an involuntary quarantine, took a similar vow (Nightingale Pledge). She should have volunteered to be quarantined without being forced to protect those she has vowed to protect. IMHO, she is not a real Nurse. She should never work as a Nurse again. I almost hope she turns positive for Ebola. Almost.

f6b3628be9633824adde0498b7b8ee1d

Hospital Corpsman's Pledge

I solemnly pledge myself before God and these witnesses to practice faithfully all of my duties as a member of the Hospital Corps. I hold the care of the sick and injured to be a privilege and sacred trust and will assist the Medical Officer with loyalty and honesty. I will not knowingly permit harm to come to any patient. I will hold all personal matters pertaining to the private lives of patients in strict confidence. I dedicate my heart, mind, and strength to the work before me. I shall do all within my power to show in myself an example of all that is honorable and good throughout my Naval career.

navy-corpsman-25-x-65

Man, that was a long time ago. April 73 if my failing memory is correct. I didn’t make a very good Hospital Hospital Corpsman (too many Nurses around), but made one damned fine Independent Duty/Field Med Hospital Corpsman. IMHO, of course. And, after the first year, loved being with the Grunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.