2015-03-25

Another Rainy Wednesday In WaRshington

Which is as it’s supposed to be; I suppose. I just hope all this rain goes away by the first weekend in April. But, with my luck…

The-Companions1

Made a run to Home Depot in Silverdale for a short section of counter top; which they didn’t have. Every time I walk by that section they have the counter top I need. Until today. Spot was empty. Figures.

So I went on over to Lowe’s and got it there. Then I stopped by Habitat For Humanity and bought a couple of bathroom drawer units. These are now pretty much in place in my shack. Still some final planning and positioning to do, and completion work, but it’s slowly getting to where I want it. Running wires will be the difficult part!

Stopped by Haselwood Chevy and talked to one of the mechanics in their shop about the Transmission Cooler I bought. Turns out I shouldn’t have bought it. He says I don’t need it as my truck was made for the hauling it can do. AND, if anything went wrong with the transmission that they could track to the external (added) cooler it would nullify my 5-year/50k mile warranty. So I guess I have an “extra” transmission cooler sitting on my shelf for the next 5 years. Thing cost only $50 anyway; no biggie.

Not much else going on. Way too wet and windy out to go outside and do anything. Been straightening up, getting chores done, and working on my financial stuff that I keep for “my” money. (“My” money pays for the truck, caravan, and “other” stuff for my shack or whatever.)

Decided I probably won’t be going to the Hollie Family Reunion this year at the end of June. I figure (rough estimate) two tanks of gas a day (@ about $50 each), plus $35-50 for “camping,” for about 14 days would come out in the neighborhood of $1900 plus. Too spendy for now. But SWMBO suggests we start putting some in savings each payday and we can go next summer.

I got to pick SWMBO up at the Ferry Landing this evening! Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.