2016-09-19

Maybe It Will Insult Obama’s Legacy, But

I got a notice in my e-mail today:

We have received an OnStar report that your Silverado is in need of service for recall 16007 FRONTAL AIRBAG AND PRETENSIONER NON DEPLOY. Please contact us so that we can schedule a convenient time for you to bring the vehicle in.

Cheer09aJust as I’m about to leave for a 3-week trip DRIVING across the Country. In my truck. This is the second recall to fix something that doesn’t work as planned. Any more and I may consider that I bought a semi-lemon. Hate to say it, but, I owned my Ranger 10 years and never a recall or any major work done on it. (Come to think of it, other than regular (well, semi-regular) tune-ups I never had any work done on the Ranger.)

Not a whole lot going on today. Pretty SSDD even with trying to get things done. Trucks loaded. Trash is out. Dishes are done. Laundry is done.

Cooler and windy out but me and the Dog went for a walk anyway. Mowed the front lawn. Did some planning for the space out near the road and I think I’m going to make it into a rock garden. (Since we can really grow rocks here! No watering required!)

cise01bI still have second thoughts about SWMBO’s Son looking after the place while we’re gone; even if he does live in the basement. He just doesn’t seem to care. I know he’ll take care of the Dog. I’m not sure if he’ll remember to do the other things that need to be done. Or even think about them. I guess I just don’t trust him. But I have no choice but to see if it works out.

Anywho, I’m gonna go lay down even though it’s an hour before my bedtime. Getting up at 0300!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.