2017-01-13

The Pandorica Opens

Pool4bPicked SWMBO up at the Ferry Landing yesterday evening and ran her out to her class at the Mullinex Church building. Dropped her off and I went to Walmart.

Bought a nice battery, a trickle charger (one of the supposidly SMART ones), and some other stuff to move my radio’s from house power to battery power. Walked out of Walmart $130 broker but think this’ll work out.

So, today I put it all together and hooked it up. Only had to make one run into town for different parts. Working good so far. The little charger thingie has a constant green light: indicating the battery is charged. Been listening to all Pool3bthree radio’s most of the afternoon and it hasn’t changed. Cool! Now, if/when the power goes out I can still operate my radio’s. And, if I don’t permanently mount this outside, I could take it along for field day. Need to get a solar panel for field charging. Hmmm…

Not a whole lot going on. Working on the radio’s part of the day. Taking the Dog for walks. Playing with localhost and setting up Piwigo & Wordpress to play with. Really important Retired stuff.

Picked SWMBO up at the QFC and we be home. She’s off in her room doing whatever she does in there. Waiting on a friend of her’s to show up for some fabric. Radio’s still working just right. Doctor Who in the background.

Think I’ll go lay down and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.