2022-02-02

I Went To A Local Psychic And Knocked On Her Door. She Yelled "Who Is It?" So I Left.

I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Grew up wearing t-shirts and jeans almost everywhere I've ever lived. My lovely-young-bride of 36 years (or so) thinks it's "weird" that I have a stack of (stained from everyday living) T-Shirts that I wear every day AND several "like new" T-Shirts that I wear for "special occasions." (ie: Date Day. Church. Weddings and Funerals. Stuff like that.)

Even the Navy, in my early career, we wore (basically) jeans (Dungarees) and a light work shirt (chambray?) over our t-shirt. Until someone in a dark dungeon of an office fucked with our uniforms and switched us to that "working" POS uniform that one had to pull over our heads if the thing caught fire. Navy blue top and dark pants. But, at least it wasn't pantsuits.

Working blues on the hospital wards was barely ok. Summer whites: looked good on most everyone. Especially those shapely young ladies I was allowed to notice way back when I was single. Didn't want patients messing them up though. I worked the Peds ward. I was always a mess.

50 years later they still look good but I'm not allowed to notice.

Hate getting old.

SWMBO and I got up and went to the Naval Hospital pharmacy this morning before going out to breakfast. Tried the "new" check-in by phone but messed it up by sending in the wrong number from our ID cards. So had to pull tickets and wait anyway. TWO hours before we got out of there! It amazes me that they (the pharmacy) has 12 (Twelve!) windows for customers; of which only 4 were open at once. Four. From the time one gets a ticket to wait it's 55 minutes to wait to check in at one of the open windows after waiting. Then it estimated (guesstimated) that it'll be another 60 minutes to get your meds.

Even the Naval Hospital pharmacy has abused and redefined the meaning of "Hurry up and wait."

Think I'm going to say fuck it and move to mail me my shit and I'll pay the freakin' co-pay. Will probably save money on gas and will save a shit-load of time.

Hopefully.

Not a lot else going on. I read the paper(s) (online) and get upset at the way our country is being run into the ground and stupid people (Hello Whoopie!) saying shit that ain't so and I have a LOT to say about that. BUT. But. I don't because once I get started ...

So, prices are high. Inventory is low. Biden is the head retard of a group of retards. AOC should come over to my place and actually meet an American. Maybe I'll give her a reach around. Maybe I won't. All the rest of them should be sent one way to Mars to start the terraforming.

OH, the webmaster of our North Mason Amateur Radio Emergency Services Club (NMARES) died last week. He was only 85. But now our club website is locked behind his now gone passwords on his personal servers (along with a lot of his other customers "stuff"). So I'm going to be the new webmaster.

And I've let the members know that I'm gonna be 70 next June so they MAY want to find someone a bit younger to be my backup "just in case." I don't mind doing it but wouldn't mind the coverage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.