2023-05-12

I Gotta Call The Meatloaf I Made Tonight The "DarkStar" Meatloaf

Cause it came out so dense that just a quarter of the thing has filled me up for the next 3-4 days. Stuck everything in the mixer and started it to mixing and got an emergency notice from my 70 year old bladder that I NEEDED to go to the toilet RIGHT NOW or I was going to spend some time in the shower and finding clean drawers and pants and, anyway, by the time I got back to the mixer everything was WELL mixed. Looked like a thick burger paste.

But I cooked it up anyway. Smelled great! Tasted great! Sits like a neutron star on the stomach!

Been thinking that if the SHTF that a hydroponic garden in my basement just ain't gonna work. Where would I get the nutrient solution? Water? I got. Electricity? I can make. Nutrient solution? Hmm. So I'm thinking of trying out a GreenStalk 5 tier vertical Planter system. Uses dirt but, dirt I got plenty of.

Might be fun to play with. Or maybe an aquaponics system?

Thursday we took the fur babies to the beach up near Sequim (pronounced Squim). Wiz (our Dog) had been there before and picked right up hauling ass through the water chasing GU-11's. Matey (the Cat); not so much. He pretty much tried to hide under every piece of driftwood we came across. But it was his first "day trip" so we kind of expected it. He does really good on a harness and leash though. For a cat.

Wx was out-fucking-standing though! SWMBO as lovely and entertaining and pleasant as ever to be with. What a nice day.

Last (Saturday?) I ordered some things from Amazon and I could have gotten it all by Wednesday, but, I opted for their "drivers day?" thingie where they make fewer deliveries on Thursday. Another day wouldn't have made that much difference. Then, yesterday, Thursday, I get a message that there's been a delay and my package won't arrive until another 1-2 days, "sorry for the inconvenience see ya next order."

Second time I opted for that. Second time my order got delayed. Which means I'll opt for the fastest (Prime) delivery from now on.

Contractor jack hammered out the holes in the foundation for the new posts and beams to hold that portion of the house up. They poured the new 80 bazillion pound concrete in place yesterday and plan to let it harden for a week before putting everything in place. Cool. Progress continues.

Date Day. SWMBO's taking me to Red Lobster so I'll be in a Seafood Induced Coma later and won't be able to post so I better post now.


Probably one of the most profound videos I've ever witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.