2024-05-12

My Mind Is Like A Steel Trap! Left Out In The Wx & Rusted All To Hell

Been meaning to post all the awesome things that have been happening around here; but forget when it's time to actually sit down and do it. Then I'll spend half my sleeping night (as rare as those are) mentally composing a post only to forget it by the time I finally get up in the morning.

Just getting old. Which beats the alternative.

Let's see, awesome thing 1: Got to see some of the aurora Friday night/Saturday morning. Wasn't like the video's you can see on Youtube; just kinda sorta barely there shifting colors across the overhead sky. Hadn't taken any new drugs and my blood O2 levels were at 97% so I'm assuming what SWMBO and I saw was real even if it was zero dark thirty. So, Cool!

Awesome thing 2: Got a bunch of bell peppers on sale at the local produce stand and while I was chopping them up to freeze dry I wasn't paying attention to where my left little finger was and sliced the tip off. Of my finger. Ouch. Right through the nail too. Bled like the proverbial stuck pig and throbbed for two days.

But I do keep a sharp knife.

Awesome thing 3: My peas have sprouted! And most of everything else I've planted.

Leg is getting over shoveling that ton of dirt/compost mix the other week. Wx has been nice enough the past couple of days to get out on the tractor and do some work around the property. Scraped the driveways (I really need a land plane!).

SWMBO and I bought a couple of Adirondack type double benches at Home Depot to sit out around the property cause we're getting to the point of needing a place to sit partway through our walks. Nothing like getting older. (They could use these types of benches at the end of every other aisle in Walmart and WinCo too. For the same reasons.)

Making progress on turning my garage into a small wood shop. Mostly meaning I've moved things around so it looks like I've made progress because there's a clean spot where there wasn't a clean spot before. Don't tell SWMBO though.

And, of course, the most awesome thing of all is: not only do I continue to wake up every morning, but, I continue to wake up next to SWMBO every morning.

That will never not be awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.