2024-10-12

Anyone Else Occasionally Wear Their Meta Quest 3 To Poop? Come On, Raise Your Hands.

But only cause I was really into the virtual tour I was on. Still, I guess if you're going to be just sitting there ...

Busy week!
SWMBO took me out Monday to do some shopping for things that go bad in the fridge when they just sit there for over a month. The milk was especially lumpy and 'odd' tasting and no amount of shaking or stiring unlumped it. Found a half-head of lettuce that had made it's own gravey. The Joy! Pretty sure that green fuzz ain't supposed to be growing in the left over potato salad.

Sticker shock at WinCo was not quite as bad as it was at Meijer's(?) in Ohio. Still not like it was 4-5 years ago though. I think our freeze dried stores will come in handy over the next couple of years. Pork Loin was on sale again so I bought one. Made lots of thick pork chops and a couple of pork roasts.

Reassembled the tractor (put the bucket & land-plane back on) and spent a day getting the grass out of, and the gravel back to the top of, both driveways.  The lower driveway was particularly grown over. That spendy land-plane sure does a good job. Down to 1/8th tank of fuel in the tractor so ought to go get some more. Still need to buy some gravel though. Think I'll go for the white colored kind this time ...

Had to charge up the battery on the rider mower before getting on the lower-front & back yards. Cut them higher than normal because the grass was so long and my usual setting wouldn't have worked very well. But, it's all done. I like to do a circular pattern that probably (hopefully) looks like a bullseye from the air.

Filled the truck with gas. Well, not the whole truck; just the gas tank. $4.09/gal! Almost $90. For gas. Don't get me started.

Friday we went to the Exchange & Commissary on the base for the first time in (guessing) 5-6 years. The Exchange continues to be NOT for the lowly E-3 through E-5 place to shop that it was back in the day. Sure, the electronics were mostly up-to-date (or the latest 'must have') but still spendy. I could find each of their items for cheaper online or just by driving to a couple of different stores in town. OR the enlisted folks make way more money that I ever thought of back when I was an E-3/4. (I am old. My first paycheck in the Navy was $52)

The Commissary was fair to middlin' for their prices. Selection wasn't as good as, say, WinCo, but not bad. I'd say it was borderline for being the place for the younger/lower Enlisted folks to shop. If you lived on base or it was a long drive to a civilian store ...

SWMBO took me to Denny's for late lunch/early dinner Date Day. She likes their Bourbon Chicken plate and I had the 55+ Salmon dinner. Yes, I'm 'at that age' where the 55+ menu items pretty much are enough to eat at one sitting. Been taking way less home to go bad in the fridge before I throw it away because I never got back to it.

Having way too much fun on the Meta Quest 3. Bought a ping pong program that I can spend an easy hour letting the 'robot' send me some serves. Learning the paddles, etc, before playing an actual person. Then I found a bowling 'game' that's a lot of fun. Have to put the controller straps around my wrist though cause, sometimes, when I release the ball I also release the controller and it goes flying across the room. Surprised I haven't broken it yet.

One 'game' I really like gives you a pistol and a pendulum target. That's it. Fifteen shots and you're scored and started all over again. Simple, yet, you get to shoot shit. Now if you could put a face on that target ...

Tried watching a movie (from our NAS) in the 'Bigscreen" app (where it simulates a theater experience and you can invite friends) but would rather just throw a movie up on my monitor or go into the living room and watch one on the real 'big screen.' Way more comfortable.

Anywho, had meatloaf patties (fried in an iron pan like they ought to be), baked taters, and reconstituted beets for dinner. Must have been good sincee SWMBO and I ate every last morsel. Next I'm going to go through the MANY cookbooks I have and pick out some new things to try. My cooking is getting boring.

Speaking of which: SWMBO told me she doesn't like having my $11 breakfast (egg over easy ON toast (for her), bacon, and a tater patty) every morning and wants to switch it up with Oatmeal some mornings. OATMEAL. I tend to forget sometimes that she's from Toledo.

I still want to know who's bright fucking idea metal handles on pot lids was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice.